Saturday, September 4, 2010

Day 9

The stitches are really annoying me now, so I had a bit of a play with them and one seemed to disintegrate.  I was from the start worried about leaving them too long so that tunnels would form, but I expected that I would pull some stitch out but that wasn't the case.  It seem like the external bits of the stitch just fell off and the rest that was inside is now just gone (absorbed by my system I guess).

Anyway, after having one out, I wanted the rest out.  A lot of the stitches seem to be just hanging there not doing their job.  Only one side of the stitch is attached, so I'm sure they are better out than in.

I posted on the Inter-Circ Yahoo group to see what I should do and Bill LaBar suggested I should have a bath and try to pull the rest out.  It seemed like a good idea so I did just that, but I couldn't really make much progress.

My problem is it's difficult for me to tell whether one side has snapped off or not, and the space is too narrow to get in there if there are still two sides of the stitch attached.  I don't want to cut them off, but pulling doesn't seem to be getting me anywhere.  I think I just need to wiggle them a bit in the coming day or so and see what happens.  I've emailed Dr Waetcher about it, so we'll see what he says in regards to removing them.  It would be much better if they were out, because they are what makes everything uncomfortable.

Still no real improvement on the swelling of the inner foreskin.  I think I'll just have to wait this one out.  The wound that wasn't healing at the back looks better, and I managed to pull a worthless stitch out from this area that should help the healing (as it was getting stuck in there).

It's becoming clear that I shouldn't have told the doctor to cut off a little less, because I don't think the end result is going to be as tight as I wanted it.  But we'll have to see in a few weeks.  


1 comment:

  1. The stitches are one of the things that cause the swelling as the body treats them as 'foreign bodies' and fights them like it fights bacteria.

    Once the stitches are all out the swelling will subside faster. However, one disadvantage of retaining the inner foreskin is that it suffers more trauma during the operation and swells more than the outer skin does.

    ReplyDelete