Sunday, September 5, 2010

Day 10

I thought I would have another go at removing the stitches this morning, because I'm really getting sick of them.  This time we managed to get the hang of it (me and my wife), and managed to cut one side of the stitches that were still in and they came out really nicely.  Got around 10 of them out, and there is probably another 3 left in there, which I'll leave because they are near the wound opening at the back.  I'm sure I'll end up removing them in the next couple of days.

I can already see the holes where a number of the stitches were, so I'm glad I didn't wait any longer to take them out.

Here are some photos from after the stitches removal this morning.  The swelling you can see on one side is, I'm sure, due to the vein removal.  The vein actually ran up from the bottom, but then split with one side going left and one side going up and to the right.  The up and to the right one was the one causing trouble has been removed, I assume right back to the split point.  This seems to be causing the swelling of the other side of the vein.

No comments:

Post a Comment