Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day before the circumcision

I have always had a very short foreskin, but not really short enough.  It always stayed behind the head, but in certain circumstances it would start to go over and I found this very uncomfortable so would be often be figiting to pull the skin back.

I also have a large vein on the top of my penis that caused me trouble and would hurt from time to time and wanted that removed.

I live in Munich, Germany so finding someone to do the circumcision the way I wanted it was not all that easy, as most people in Germany are not circumcised.  I went to one doctor in Munich, but he had no idea about doing the cut "High and Tight" (as I wanted it), and he was a bit perplexed as to why I'd want it done at all.
Further to that, it is not easy to get a recommendation for a doctor here in Germany.  There are a few German oriented sites, like circlist.de (which is quite good, and where I eventually did find a doctor) and eurocirc (who will not let you talk about doctors, because they say it's against the law in Germany – something I doubt, I think the guy just gets off by trying to get you to call his "hotline").

For me, it was important to see the outcome from a particular doctor before I went with them.  What was most important to me is that the doctor would do a high and tight circumcision and that the scar would be smooth and even the whole way around.

I eventually found some pictures on ohnevorhaut.de from a doctor in Fürth (Dr Wächter), not far from Munich (about 1.5 hours drive).  I made and appointment to go and talk to him, and he seemed to know what he was doing, so I made the appointment for the 26th of August to get it done. 

Dr Wächter said he could remove the vein as well as giving a high and tight cut, all for 330 euros, which I think is probably the cheapest rate I've seen in the first world.

Here are some pictures from beforehand.  You can see the vein and the fact that my foreskin was pretty short beforehand.


No comments:

Post a Comment